Tuesday, March 3, 2009

What happened to the fries?

Last night I was cooking dinner, and cooking dinner and cooking dinner. I guess I should say dinner wasn't cooking. It started to but then the temperature dropped and would never get high enough to cook again. I tried the other burner and the same problem. After two hours of trying I figured the chicken wasn't going to be safe to eat and we went to Burger King.

The hot plate lasted far past its lifespan so I really can't complain. I just hope I can find another that will really cook and not just keep food warm, one of the woes of a makeshift kitchen.

So does anyone one know what happened to Burger King's fries? They were terrible. I've heard in New York they've changed the frying oil but I can't imagine they'd sell something that was so gross. Maybe my location just needed to change the oil.

Usually I'm thrilled to have our rare fast food outing but maybe attempting to cook for two hours spoiled that. My burger was really disappointing and the fries even more so. It was really weird. I remembered liking Burger King but have not been there for a few years. I guess I must be in the Carl's Jr. fan club at the moment.

4 comments:

  1. That is so sad. :( What a bummer....did the kids at least like/ eat them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could say that about me about eating fast food. I haven't been to Burger King though so I wouldn't know if that have changed or not. You are a excellent mom. We so need to get together sometime soon, esp since the weather is getting warmer. YEAH

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMMMMMMmmmmm... Spicy Chicken Sandwich. MMMMMMmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must say that after watching "Supersize Me" I am quite turned off fast food. That being said, it doesn't help that there is a McDonalds in Walmart so we grabbed a quick bite today. I must exercise some self-control. They really aren't very good, and I know what you mean about Burger King's fries. (Sorry about the stove)

    ReplyDelete