Wednesday, October 15, 2008

An Introduction to the Kids















First, an introduction to the kids.
So far we have three, usually lovely children, Oliver, Evelyn and Spencer.




Oliver will be 5 in December and is now in preschool. He loves being with other children. He spends much of his time building with Legos and running around in the backyard. He loves robots and superheros. When walking into the grocery store the other day, Oliver blurted out, "Mom does he have super powers?" It took me a moment to realize what Oliver was talking about. Then I saw that the child nearby us had on a tee shirt with the logo from the Disney movie The Incredibles. Oliver was sure this child could save us all from impending danger. It was cute and also lets me know he's still not deciphering fact from fiction. Great imagination this one!

Evelyn is two years younger than Oliver but getting ready for preschool too. She'll start in January. She's my cuddler. If there is a child in our home that loves a hug or wants to sit on a lap, its Evelyn. I'm glad to have one child like that! Evelyn likes things that are pretty. As soon as she was old enough to walk she was guiding me to anything that had flowers or ribbons on it in stores. She doesn't get dressed up much though because she loves playing in the dirt. This image of Evelyn is one of the rare moments where she let me do her hair. Usually it's just tangle of blondness. Maybe its time to get the scissors!



Spencer is the youngest of the bunch at one and half years. He's in a stage where if there is anything above ground level he will master climbing it. We have a kitchen counter with a raised bar and I caught him successfully climbing on top from the high end! I think I'll have to tie the chairs to the table soon for his protection and my sanity. Spencer is one of my close buddies. He had a rough start in life, not too rough, but enough that he needed to be held most of the time. So now we're kind of attached at the hip. We're both gaining needed independence as he's getting older.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go!! I am so excited about your blog. I love blogging. There is also a way to trun your blog into books. The website is www.blogs2books.com. Hope you enjoy blogging as much as I do. Also your kids are so cute. Yes time have flown by. They grow up way too quickly. Love ya, Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, they are so darling! I haven't seen any of them (except maybe Oliver?). What a fan club you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lydia told me about your blog and then I found it through Molly's blog!! This will be a great way to stay updated with you -- I have always thought that you were part of *us*! Great blog title and excellent, descriptive writing. With every posting I will feel that you aren't so far away after all. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete