Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Kids - Pumpkin Demons

Rarely does Oliver need any coaxing to do a project. In fact he usually is asking me to get out the scissors and glue for him. That was the case this week. He found the only construction paper we had left and made what I'll call pumpkin demons. This was totally his idea. He designed them so they can be attached to a stick and posted into the ground around the backyard. If he did not have a curious little brother he would have been successful too! I took pictures of the kids with Ollie's pumpkin demons and as soon as they stood up and walked away little hands yanked them out of the ground. Because it would be a losing battle to keep Spencer away from them, Oliver allowed me to display them on the fence instead.

Did you notice Evelyn's hair? Its not so wild! Mommy got brave with the scissors. Its not a perfect cut but hey its the first time I've cut girl's hair other than my own! Yeah, haven't we all done that at some point? Another reason to have cut Evelyn's hair was that I kept finding locks of blond around after she'd had scissors. I haven't seen that since her new cut. Maybe that's because she can actually see now!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Evelyn's hair is so cute!! Hmm...pumpkin demons. That's pretty creative. I hope you are doing well!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea! My kids are always making something; I'll suggest this one next time! Evelyn's hair turned our so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!! I'm a big blogger now too! Yay! Our address is emilyandrusspetty.blogspot.com. Your post is cute! Pumpkin demons! That's funny! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Children and hair are a scary proposition regardless of who is in charge of the scissors! Interesting that you would notice that Evelyn leaves them alone now that she doesn't "need" them. *My* first haircut on a child was on Lydia's first birthday -- you did a much better job than I did.

    ReplyDelete