Thursday, October 30, 2008

So why Brush Strokes to Cake Crumbs you might ask? I consider myself an artist but have never fully settled on a medium partly due to life's changing circumstances. I really enjoyed painting in college but since having children, it just hasn't been a medium that worked well for me. I've tried other mediums in hopes of finding something easier to do around them. I first tried building and painting children's rocking chairs but that was quite short-term. Next came cake decorating. It filled the need to build and allowed a type of painting. I liked that all the supplies were safe for the children to be around, unlike turpentine and power tools. Though that was fun, it always led to sticky messes! Then I caught the quilting bug. I love pattern. Before going to college I even contemplated doing textile design. Why it took me so long to try quilting out I'm not sure. For the last year it has been the medium that has stuck. Its much easier to pull out and clean up and I can work with the kids around, usually. I've got to watch the iron and straight pins though! So I'll be showing some of the things I've worked on but don't be surprised if I can't seem to stick to a medium! I like to use just about anything that allows for creativity!

2 comments:

  1. I've tried about as many things as you have. Really, aren't we supposed to learn all that we can and have as much knowledge as possible? That includes projects, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Righty-o! I strongly agree. There are thing I want to try just for fun and other times things I try because I have a feeling I need to know how to do it. I might only do it once but its something new I've learned. Its kind of a weird feeling. Hard to explain but I'm always glad I've learned something new.

    I don't understand how people get bored really. I always have something I want to work on or learn about. I struggle more with managing my time so I can!

    ReplyDelete