Thursday, April 16, 2009

The first backpack

I'm out of preschool! My kids have about a month left but I'm done teaching! I love my kids but this hasn't been my favorite activity. I'd gladly do preschool with just them but I'm tired of the routine with everyone else. I think I'll have to set up a schedule for summer and do preschool like activities with just mine that I love. Sorry ladies you have good kids but I only love mine.

So the knitting, yes, the knitting. I'm liking it. I've been surprised how easily this came to me. Its really rather soothing to sit an knit. I've been listening to Jane Eyre, one of my favorite reads, as I knit. A nice calm ending to my day.

So I finished the first project, a backpack. Oliver was so excited about it I let him have it but then Evelyn was devastated that she didn't have one. I looked at the yarn stash and came up with a florescent red yarn for her bag. It will also have green and white stripes. I might have to add some embroidery so it doesn't turn out Christmassy. (like my fake word, he he)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you amaze me! The backpack looks flawless; no kidding it came naturally to you! And I totally agree, I love only my kids as well. ;) (and sidenote, the picture on my farm blog was just a template I found that I thought was pretty. :).)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for doing preschool with me. You had them do the cutest things. I especially loved the bird nest and bird feeder! Too cute. You're gonna have to teach me how to make that backpack. We can send our boys to kindergarten in style. julie

    ReplyDelete