Monday, April 13, 2009

Smells good enough to eat

My house smells so good right now. I formulated another soap recipe. The first time I tried it out it worked! I used a scent called Spellbound Wood. Its alright but it turned the soap a lovely dark brown color. I'm not sure how that will lather but at least it smells good.


That batch went so well I decided to whip up another the next night. I've been wanting to make this soap for a long time but wanted a couple good batches under my belt first. Its a milk and oatmeal soap scented with almond fragrance oil. I love this one. It smells so sweet. I asked Oliver what he thought about it and he said it smelled like pancakes. Almond flavoring is one of our favorite flavorings to put in pancakes.



I'm going to have a hard time waiting for these to cure before using them! Finally success!

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad you can't smell through the computer - I'm imagining the yumminess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so amazing! We need to get together soon. This next two weeks are crazy but after that we are free. So lets plan something....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoo-hoo! Success feels (and smells!) sooo good, doesn't it! :) Yay for you! Can't wait to hear how they cure! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay. I saw the photo before I began reading and mentally pronounced that the best looking piece of fudge I had ever seen! Obviously what I need is a chocolate scented soap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! Truly, I think fudge sounds better than soap. I've never made fudge maybe I should try. I sure love eating it!

    Just don't eat the soap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey katrina... it's britt (sondrup) haggard. how are ya?? email me britnbrad@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete