Monday, April 27, 2009

Wheeler Farm

This morning the kids preschool group went to Wheeler Farm. It was really quite fun, feeding the ducks and seeing all the baby animals. The kids even got pet the newborn goats. They were just born Thursday, only four days ago! We got to watch a man spinning wool into yarn too. It was so nice to be outside, a bit cold but still nice.

I would love to someday have a nice large property like that. Possibly even a farm. It seems like so much work and I'm not especially fond of cleaning up after animals. Walking through the farm I kept thinking, I could do this. I could do that. I've been frustrated having an indoor pet but don't think I'd mind animals outside quite so much, especially if they provide dinner for us!

I think we'll have to visit Wheeler Farm again soon.

3 comments:

  1. Very cool. Where is the Wheeler Farm in relation to you? Is it a community farm of sorts? Historical farm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I know the kids were loving it!! Outside, productive animals are SO different from indoor pets. I really don't mind it at all...but it is a lot of work! :) Hey, the property next to us is for sale; how 'bout we be neighbors?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun, Maybe we will have to go together. I know my monkeys would love that. Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete