Thursday, February 19, 2009

And the heavens opened

I dropped my older two kids off to preschool, I went for a wonderful walk and feel much better about just about everything. I went to Flat Iron Park. Its up on a hill and the walking paths over look the city. A good portion of the walk you feel like you're on top of the world. A walk by myself, or with a child in a stroller like today, helps me get things into better perspective and a good work out too. Love when I can accomplish two things at once with little effort!

Spencer and I waited outside to wait for another mom to drop Oliver and Evelyn off from school. Its a beautiful day, clear sky and on the warm side, though still cold enough to be in winter layers. I felt like singing and what came first to my mind was a hymn. Like something from a movie, as I sang it got brighter and brighter and warmer and warmer. There must have been a cloud moving away from the sun but it felt like the heavens opening as I sang. Ah what a beautiful blue sky we have today. I love sunshine.

2 comments:

  1. I love how you comment on my blog! What an amazing day - it sounds like a great place to walk - Heavenly Father really is aware of us and loves us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous moment you took advantage of. And 'the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me'. :) You are lucky to live in a place with some variation in ground levels, too. :)

    ReplyDelete