Tuesday, February 17, 2009

PEZ or socks, you choose

This week Chris has to leave for work shortly after 4:00 in the afternoon to attend more supervisor training. So we eat dinner as a family at four and then Chris leaves. The kids were really disappointed to have to say bye to dad.

To distract the kids I said we could build a blanket fort and eat a treat. We built the fort and went inside. We haven't done this for a long time so it was a real hit. Our treat was PEZ that I won at a baby shower over the weekend. We all sat and nibbled. As we were enjoying our treat Oliver said, "This is better than my socks!"

By his excitement I think that was a good statement but I had hoped the activity would rank higher than socks!

3 comments:

  1. Okay thats about the funniest thing I have heard in a long time. Hope that you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute mom. Just pull fun ideas out of thin air - your kids are lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's hilarious, but I totally understand. It's hard to beat the feeling of a squishy new pair of socks!!

    ReplyDelete