Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Sunflower Farmer's Market




Today I went to the Sunflower Farmer's Market. Its like a small grocery store that is mostly fresh produce and meats. They have some other items too but its not near the size of your typical supermarket. They might call themselves a farmer's market but its not all local produce. What's surprising is they have more variety in their produce even though they are a smaller store.

I walked through the store and just filled my cart with produce. I felt so good knowing it would be good for me, looked delicious, and was kinder on my budget than the regular grocery store (even Walmart).

I still had to go to the regular grocery store for a few items. When I walked in I realized why I am so tempted when it comes to sweets. They were everywhere, everywhere, everywhere. There were sweets in the Sunflower Market too but the difference really shocked me. I think I'll be shopping more and more at the Sunflower market, come summertime, the local farmers market will likely be even better.

Speaking of sunflowers and farmers... I've seen some gorgeous photographs of fields of sunflowers. I don't know if they sell these for flowers or seeds or just have them for the pure beauty of it. Its a tempting idea for the someday field I hope to have next to my someday house.

4 comments:

  1. I also love that store!! They opened up one here in Orem and I go there all the time. I love that they are cheaper than Wal-mart. (This is Melissa writing.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Discovery! What a grand market - reasonable prices to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Sunflower Market! I especially love shopping on Wednesdays when you can get the sale items from both weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete