Thursday, January 13, 2011

Say cheese!

We finally have a working camera!  Ours has been down for quite some time.  Chris and I held back a little (well more of a chunk) of our Christmas to splurge on a used digital SLR camera.  This is a big deal.  BIG DEAL.  Chris and I met the semester of college that I was taking (or just finished?) a photography class.  Both being artists photography was a fun skill we were on equal playing grounds with, neither was so good we intimidated the other.  So many of our dates we were out taking pictures.  Some of those shots are still my favorites after all these years.

Since we won't be venturing to restaurants much on dates anymore we figured it would be fun to go back to one of our favorite dating past times - photography.  (Oh and boardgames too.  Anyone up for a round of Settlers of Catan? Its kind of addicting!) Its now eleven years since we began taking pictures together and we're excited to not be developing every picture to find out what turned out among the dozens that didn't.

Sad thing is after so many years I feel like I'm going to have to completely relearn how to use a SLR camera.  So I'm going to try to take at least one picture everyday.  I don't plan to share them all but I'm preparing a new blog  just for our pictures.  I'm hoping Chris will join in and submit pictures too. 

Today, no pictures.  I can't remember where Chris downloaded the pictures to on the computer!  I'm off to see if I can find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment