Friday, November 7, 2008

Disgustingly Early, I Know

Yes it is disgustingly early to have up a Christmas tree but we did it anyway. Its in honor of the heavy snow we got on Wednesday. It snowed all day long and it just seemed like a tree would make our place more cozy.

Last year most of our ornaments broke. We had a lot of glass balls and it was expected. For my birthday, which is right around Christmas, I received some money to do with as I pleased. I bought Christmas decorations when they were being clearenced in January. I got more than I should have but now we'll have fun spreading out the fun.
Right now our tree is covered in just snow decorations, snowflakes and snowmen. It will probably have some turkeys in a week or two and then we'll transition into Christmas decor. Every few days we'll put something new up (mom might have to rotate some out), and many have to be made too! Last night we made tongue dispenser snowmen.

4 comments:

  1. Cute!
    That's a fun idea and it gives the kids something to do and look forward to over the holidays. Plus I love the pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way cute snowmen -- they don't look "depressed" at all! How about some directions?? Some of us are "artistically challenged" and need FHE ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its actually quite a simple project because its prepackaged and ready to go! I got it from Oriental Trading Co. They have lots of great activities for children and at reasonable prices. I stocked up last season and saved them for now. Its nice to have someone else do the prep work for a change!

    http://www.orientaltrading.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. All that lovely snow would put me in the mood to set up the tree, too. I don't blame you a bit. :) Love the snowmen....That's a great idea, to stock up after the season! I really need to do that!

    ReplyDelete