Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Slumber Party!



This was our other Halloween surprise event. We weren't planning to have a family room slumber party! When I was putting the kids down for the night, I pulled Oliver's blanket up off the floor and it was soaking wet. I'll admit I chewed the poor kid out. I thought he had poured out his water bottle on it. The kids had all been playing in there that afternoon. Usually the kids aren't allowed to play in their room because of their father's day time sleep schedule (he works nights). That afternoon he was awake so I allowed it. Sometimes things happen when they're all in the other room. The next thing I realized was that everything I was picking up off of the floor in one general area was wet. Then I realized we were flooding...again?

This is the third time this year that this corner of the house, and I mean down to the same corner of the room, has flooded! It seems impossible and the crazy thing is each time has been a different fix! I think the spot of the house is jinxed! Apparently the fix this time is a bit more than we thought. My dad found a pipe outside that was squirting water underground and fixed it on Saturday but its Tuesday and we're still getting lots of water. The water meter shows that even when there is no water flowing in the house, its still going. So tomorrow we'll have a backhoe come dig out the bad pipe. Ollie's going to love it! The owner of the backhoe is our neighbor so hopefully he'll let the kids sit on it for a picture. Lets get something good out of this! Oh and the kids are loving sleeping in the family room.

3 comments:

  1. What's with your family and water?? There is some sort of horrible jinx, I'm thinkin'. You have my admiration for running a household with a daddy who works nights -- days are really tough with little kids when papa needs to sleep. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, what a disaster! But it made for a cute slumber party. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you gotten it fixed yet? Let us know if there is anything that we can do to help. Hey its made for a slumber party and everyone loves those. I know my kids do especailly in mom and dads room.

    ReplyDelete